Monday, April 8, 2013

Feeling Joy In Life Again!

It's been a while since I have posted an update.  I have done some soul searching that past few months and have realized that I had let my circumstance's in my life take control of my joy and happiness. I realize that through Christ, I really can't lose my joy, but I can be sad and unhappy when troubles  come up; which is ok. I just can't let it paralyze me.  I am going through the stages of grief learning to accept the life my child and family has been given.  I have come along way from the sadness in the last few months. God has shown me that He gave Chris and I this child because He trusts us to take care of him and raise him in the light of Christ and will use him for His glory. God has given me promises through the Bible that I stand on to keep me strong during the hard days.

Romans 8:27-29
27 And he who searches our hearts knows the mind of the Spirit, because the Spirit intercedes for God’s people in accordance with the will of God.
28 And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who[a] have been called according to his purpose. 29 For those God foreknew he also predestined to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brothers and sisters.

Ephesians 1:11
In him we were also chosen, having been predestined according to the plan of him who works out everything in conformity with the purpose of his will,

I have to remind myself everyday that God is in control and that no matter what happens there will always be a purpose that God has a plan for.  I have decided to get involved with a couple of organizations that I can give of my time and also encourage others with a message of hope.  This helps me to give of myself and help others in times of trouble.  You just never know when God will open a door that He will allow us to walk through.  It really does make you feel better to know you are helping others.  It helps too minimize the magnitude of your own problems. 

I have also learned that when you let negative consume you, the good sometimes is over looked.  Beckett  has been a huge blessing to our family. His smile and laugh are contagious and when he laughs, you laugh with him.  I often look at him and wonder what I would have done without him.  He is becoming more receptive everyday and learning to do simple tasks.  He is beginning to imitate behaviors I never thought he would.  He watches me do chores around the house and follows me to do the same.  He helps load the washer & dryer and even tries to help put dishes away.  He wants to help sweep, rake the yard, pull the weeds..(well, sometimes my flowers), help his daddy push the lawnmower, bag grass and even help sand his play house for it to be re-painted. 

His speech is getting better also.  On Easter Sunday a week ago, Beckett said his big brothers name for the very first time..."Taylor"...not so much with the "T" sound, but it was pretty darn close.  We were so excited!! He sings to the radio in the car, and just loves Bruno Mars! 

I know that there are going to be tough days ahead and that I still have to take it day by day.  But the only way I can make it is through the Grace of God!  Otherwise, I don't know how I would get through it.  I really don't consider myself a "preachy" type person, but I am being real about my thoughts and feelings.  I do also want to note that I am so far from perfect and am human like anyone else.  I just want to share with the world what God has done for me and my family. 
Easter Sunday 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment